- Home /
- Technical Specialties /
- Cloud Services
The hype surrounding cloud computing can be confusing. Public Cloud, Private Cloud, Hybrid Cloud… what does it all mean?
The cloud phenomenon – commonly called “Infrastructure as a Service” (IAAS) – means moving your in-house servers from the closet down the hall to an off-site data center with built-in redundancies and high availability. More than just a physical relocation, this shift relieves you of all the responsibility for backup generators, security, routine software updates, cooling units, and maintaining back-up tapes (yes, people still do that) as well.
Moving “to the cloud” can enable a long-sought competitive edge, fueled by a newfound agility to:
- Quickly recover in a disaster situation
- Free up IT staff to focus on innovation and strategy
- Reduce Capex and operating costs by only paying for what you use
- Accelerate new product development and time to market
- Quickly add or remove resources including bandwidth, storage and computing power as users need
By leveraging our strategic partnerships with the best cloud services providers, our Carrier Services Cloud team will help you carefully:
- Evaluate which applications make good candidates for cloud hosting
- Review legitimate control, security and compliance concerns
- Plan a migration strategy to make your business more agile