2020 has left organizations scrambling to re-prioritize projects and focus on key business initiatives. There is a new urgency around digitization that is forcing us all to become comfortable being uncomfortable.
In early 2020, we witnessed a slight decline in IT budget growth, with JP Morgan reporting IT budgets would grow only 2.3% (almost half the rate of 2019), but post-pandemic, they’re now set to shrink 4.8%, with the largest IT budgets reporting shrinkage of, on average, 7%.
20% of IT budgets are currently being spent on public cloud, but CIOs believe this will rise to 44% within five years. So, with resilient cloud spending and a pandemic to spur digital transformation, COVID is forcing a massive, unprecedented shift to the cloud.
In this session, we’ll cover the key trends and emerging technologies that will enable organizations to stay ahead of their competition, as well as:
- How IT leaders can best foster a culture of innovation
- Trends in innovation and investment themes
- Changes in areas of corporate IT spending
- Digital Transformational maturity levels across verticals
- Real-world examples of organizations quickly innovating in 2020
- Jason Viera, Chief Technology Officer, Carousel